Blocked drains are one of the most common problems in any household. Whether it’s a sink, basin or toilet, drains get blocked every day and cause a lot of headaches. Pouring bleach down the sink works to a certain extent, but after a while something has to be done to unblock it. And if you’re in charge of a public building like a school or then the drains are probably going to need a whole lot more than just bleach.
The best piece of advice when dealing with blocked drains is: don’t try and unblock it yourself. Drainage services companies often find that when they are called out, they have to deal with a much worse problem than it the customer hadn’t tampered with the drain themselves. Rather than just dealing with the blocked drain, they suddenly find themselves confronted with a blocked and damaged drain, creating much more work. This is not only frustrating for the drain clearance company, but ends up costing the client much more.
As such, high pressure jetting is a technique that is sometimes used pre-emptively to prevent blockages, rather than waiting for the drain to get blocked at all. This is particularly useful for large public buildings where a blocked drain could easily spell disaster and lost working time.
Blocked drains can be an enormous headache. The best thing you can do to avoid further headaches in the future, is call a professional.
What Causes Blocked Drains? Blocked drains are often caused by fat, oil and grease that goes down our drains rather than in the rubbish. Often fat, oil and grease goes down the plughole as a hot liquid. As it cools, it solidifies and can catch on tree roots and rough surfaces in our pipes, gradually causing blockages.
A lot of the time blocked drains and pipes are simply the result of tree roots clogging drains and damaging your plumbing. The old way was to dig up and replace existing pipes and drains.
5. Plumbing is ready for use within hours – not days.
6. Increased flow characteristics.
7. Eliminates odour problems.
8. Eliminates sewerage leaking into the soil.
9. Stops infiltration of toxins into waterways & surrounding areas
10. When combined with CCTV inspections of drains, pipes and services, this plumbing system beats older methods hands down.
The rehabilitated, lined drains even have better flow, resulting in increased efficiency & strength. Unblocking of drains is now a breeze!
Blocked Drains - Causes And Remedies
Drains can be cleaned out in various ways, but the inconvenience caused until then can be very stressful and irritating. To avoid getting trapped in such a mess, you can take a few simple precautions at your end that will help you avoid a blocked drain and related stressful and costly inconveniences.
Blocked drains can be caused by many reasons, but the headache and mess caused are really not worth being disregarded, so you should take a few preventative steps to avoid getting a blocked drain.
Some tips to avoid getting a Blocked Drain:
- Try this: instead of using chemical products, use a mixture of a quarter cup of baking soda mixed with 50 ml vinegar, which is added to boiling water. This solution used regularly will prevent your drain pipes from getting clogged.
- Don't flush sanitary napkins or nappies down the toilet, as they will get clogged.
- Make sure there is no way for leaves and other garbage to get trapped in the drain pipes.
- Tree roots that grow into the pipes are another cause for concern, as this is something you don't have control over. But fear not with new technology, like the Sanafoam Vaporooter and electric eels, you can clear your sewer and drain pipes of the live roots. The Vaporooter uses an herbicide, which kills the roots inside but does not get absorbed by the plant, thus not affecting the plants and shrubs above ground.
Blocked Drains - What to Do
As drains accumulate foreign objects or materials such as hair or soaps, fats or food build up over time, proper cleaning is essential to keep the drains in good working condition. In today's hectic schedules, you might not be able to clean the drains on a regular basis. Therefore, it is important to hire a blocked drain service to clean and maintain the drains. Now, let us take a look at why you should hire drain cleaning services.
- Saves time: If you have a busy working schedule, it is hard to find time to monitor or service your drains. One of the easiest ways to do this is to hire a professional cleaner who offer quality cleaning services. Make sure that the cleaner you choose is an experienced one and has good knowledge in drain cleaning. Only an experienced cleaner can clean the drains effectively.
Just maintain hygiene standards by hiring professional drain cleaning services. As there are many drain cleaning service providers, you need to analyze their experience, license, insurance and rates to determine the best one. Remember, hiring an experienced professional not just saves your money but keeps your drains in good working condition for longer.